TGIF! And remember it’s a BLUE Friday in Indianapolis. I’ll be wearing blue to my meetings on campus to show support for the Indianapolis Colts ahead of their battle with the New England Patriots in Foxborough, Mass., for the AFC Championship — 6:40 p.m. Sunday, WTTV-4.
Here’s a roundup of 10 or so of my best finds to start your day:
- An IMPD officer was shot in the foot and a suspect killed after an intense gunbattle erupted Thursday night following a traffic stop on the Eastside. (IndyStar)
- 5 key things to watch in the Colts-Patriots AFC Championship game. (For The Win)
- Top 10 reasons Colts fans hate the Patriots. (IndyStar) | Put an instant “neard” on your face, a la Andrew Luck. (IndyStar interactive) | New England to Indy: We just can’t hate Andrew Luck. (IndyStar) | “A woman sports writer in New England for the AFC championship? It couldn’t be.” (Dana Hunsinger Benbow)
— Cori Faklaris (@heycori) January 15, 2015
- Report: It would take as much as $1.5 million annually to fully correct the conditions found at Indianapolis Animal Care and Control. (IndyStar)
- A fee too far? Examining the Indianapolis Museum of Art’s decision to institute a $18 admission fee, which has generated a firestorm of angry comments online. (Sky Blue Window)
- Sources: The Oklahoma City Thunder, Brooklyn Nets and Charlotte Hornets are discussing a deal that would send Hornets (and ex-Indiana Pacers) guard Lance Stephenson to his hometown Nets. (USA Today)
- Purdue University’s Mitch Daniels says President Barack Obama’s proposal to provide two free years of community college “is probably best addressed and — in the real world — most likely to be addressed, state-by-state.” (IndyStar)
- 5,200 Days in Space: An exploration of life aboard the International Space Station, and the surprising reasons the mission is still worthwhile. (The Atlantic)
- In the face of tepid public appeal, Google Glass will no longer be sold to consumers after this weekend. Instead, the beleagured wearable is being repositioned for business use. (Mashable)
- Yessss: Tara Reid and Ian Ziering are returning for “Sharknado 3.” (Entertainment Weekly)
What are you reading? Leave a link in the comments!