This is the kind of morning when I’m glad my commute to campus is only a mile!
Here’s a roundup of 10 or so more good reads for your Tuesday:
- A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect until noon today for freezing rain and sleet. Icy conditions are possible. (NWS Indianapolis)
- So glad to see that 13-year-old Emma Blackwell was found safe. She and her brother Aaron, 16, were the subject of an Amber Alert after reportedly being abducted at gunpoint. (IndyStar)
- No Angie’s List vote by the Indy City-County Council: They sent an $18.5 million package of tax incentives back to committee. (IndyStar)
- Also in Monday council action: The $40 million pre-K program cleared its final hurdle (IndyStar), and Indianapolis became one of the first cities in the country to enact a “Homeless Bill of Rights.” (IndyStar)
- IU alum and “Shark Tank” star Mark Cuban will play the president of the United States in — what else? — “Sharknado 3.” (Washington Post)
- Looking for somewhere safe to pick up that item for sale you found on Craigslist? Two police departments in Boone County say you can meet at their place. (IndyStar)
- Are you on Google+? It may be about to radically change, thanks to a shakeup announced Monday. (Wired)
- The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite index climbed above 5000 for the firs time since the dot-com era. (Wall Street Journal)
- Hillary Clinton may have violated federal records rules by exclusively using a personal email account to conduct government business while she was secretary of state. (New York Times)
- SIGH. That Cindy Crawford photo was a fake. (USA Today)
What are you reading? Leave a link in the comments!