Today is seriously a day I’ve been drooling over for months: the official grand opening of the Northside Giordano’s pizzaria. Mmmm, deep-dish.
Here’s a roundup of 10 or so more links to get you started:
- Gov. Mike Pence announced a major leadership shakeup at the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles on the same day that the agency revealed yet another $2 million in mistaken taxes and fees. (IndyStar)
- Josh Speidel, a Columbus North basketball standout who was critically injured in a car crash, has been upgraded to “critical but stable condition” as of Monday night. (IndyStar)
- President Barack Obama is coming to Indy on Friday to speak at Ivy Tech. (IndyStar) | With his $4 trillion budget request Monday, Obama may have new leverage with a GOP Congress eager to end an era of political gridlock. (Washington Post) | How the government’s budget compares with your family’s. (Wonkblog)
- Was a 13-year-old boy shot and killed Jan. 19 near 38th Street and Post Road because he and his friends knocked over garbage cans in front of a house? (IndyStar)
- Not many party-happy 22-year-olds do what the Browns’ Johnny Manziel reportedly did: voluntarily enter rehab for alcohol dependence. (Cleveland.com)
- Prediction: The Colts can win the Super Bowl this year — if they can figure out their running game, of course. (USA Today) | The Colts have come to terms with WR Duron Carter. (IndyStar)
- People have raised $35,000 to help James Robertson of Detroit, who walks 21 miles a day to get to work and back. (USA Today)
- The National Sleep Foundation has updated its recommendations for how much sleep you really need. (Huffington Post)
- He’s got a “Downtown Abbey”-inspired office on Capitol Hill, but Rep. Aaron Schock, R-Ill., won’t talk about it. (Washington Post)
- Unmasking Left Shark, the real Super Bowl MVP. (People)
wake up in the morning feeling like left shark https://t.co/VbmD3r9NM3
— Jill Disis (@jdisis) February 2, 2015
What are you reading? Leave a link in the comments!