STILL reeling from those crazy final minutes of the 2015 Super Bowl!
Here’s a roundup of 10 or so links to get you started this Monday:
- With a little more than two minutes left, Tom Brady’s clutch play rallied the New England Patriots past the Seattle Seahawks 28-24 Sunday in Super Bowl XLIX. (IndyStar) | The Seahawks’ Jermaine Kearse made a ridiculous catch near the end zone (Bleacher Report) … that ultimately didn’t matter, because the Seahawks decided to pass the ball rather than give it to Marshawn Lynch (NBC Sports), allowing the Pats’ Malcolm Butler to make a dramatic pick at the goal line to seal their win. (Yahoo Sports) | And then a massive brawl broke out. (For The Win) Sigh.
- In non-game game action: The Super Bowl ads were a total sob-fest this year. (USA Today) | I want a huge golden lion like the one Katy Perry was riding for the halftime show. (For The Win) | Anyone who was on Twitter and not following Pat McAfee’s Super Bowl tweets was doing it wrong. (@PatMcAfee)
Marshawn Lynch jogged on the field during the fight… “I’m just here to get fined” #SuperBowl49
— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) February 2, 2015
- Punxsutawney Phil is set to give us his forecast this Groundhog Day. Will it be any less of a bust than the prediction of our weekend winter storm? (Groundhog.org) | AMC is airing “Groundhog Day” four times today. (AMCtv.com)
- Looking forward to this! The relocated Libertine Liquor Bar is set to open this week in my area of Mass Ave. (IndyStar)
- Is Indiana’s vaccination rate high enough to keep out measles? (IndyStar)
- Indiana’s first Bitcoin ATM recently debuted at an Irvington e-cigarette emporium. (IBJ)
- Bill Polian was the only Indianapolis Colts candidate elected to the Hall of Fame. (IndyStar) | Marvin Harrison “got screwed.” (Gregg Doyel)
- Touching story from the weekend: An Indianapolis woman gives abandoned babies dignity in death. (IndyStar)
- Bobby Brown asked for privacy after his 21-year-old daughter with Whitney Houston, Bobbi Kristina, was found unresponsive in a bathtub. (USA Today)
- Still can’t believe this rumor turned out to be true: Bruce Jenner is transitioning to a woman. He’s filming a reality series about it. Of course. (TMZ and People)
BONUS: I can’t not include a clip from “Groundhog Day.”
What are you reading? Leave a link in the comments!