Today our high temp in Indianapolis might reach 50 degrees — woot!
Here’s a roundup of 10 or so links to get your morning started:
- Scary: Officials in Cincinnati closed SB Interstate 75 indefinitely after a “major” collapse of an overpass north of the old Hopple Street bridge that left one injured and one dead. (Cincinnati.com)
75 command confirms 1 injury of big rig driver, 1 fatality of a construction worker, 75 will be closed indefinitely pic.twitter.com/IO1YgWxuV3
— Cincy Fire & EMS (@CincyFireEMS) January 20, 2015
- State of the Union Spoilers: What We Already Know About President Obama’s Speech (ABC News) | Watch at 9 p.m. (Whitehouse.gov/live)
- Frantic efforts couldn’t save a 13-year-old boy shot in the street while returning from a late-night snack run. (IndyStar) | Earlier: What is causing Indy’s rise in homicides? (IndyStar)
- Deflate-gate! NFL investigating whether the New England Patriots used deflated balls in their AFC Championship win vs. the Colts. (WTHR.com) | Kravitz: What my report isn’t is an excuse for the Colts’ sorry play or sour grapes over the loss. (Bob Kravitz)
- Here comes trouble for my dining budget: Devour Downtown started Monday and runs through Feb. 1. (DevourDowntown.org)
- Bernard Holland, 53 and homeless, wouldn’t agree to come in from the cold until his dog, Oreo, found a shelter too. “The fact that he was willing to gut it out in sub-zero temperatures because he didn’t want to leave his dog — that’s pretty powerful.” Read my friend Maureen’s great story for more. (IndyStar)
- Indy Republicans tap businessman Chuck Brewer, owner of Downtown’s Potbelly and Soupremacy, as their pick to run for mayor. (IndyStar)
- Michael Moore Clarifies His Controversial Sniper Tweets and Praises Bradley Cooper (People.com)
- RIP Cynthia Layne, 51, a jazz and neo-soul vocalist who ranked among the most active and in-demand musicians in Indianapolis. (IndyStar)
- Judd Apatow on Bill Cosby: “I absolutely would like to see him in jail. … That’s where people who commit sexual assaults go.” (USA Today) | Join the lively thread on my Facebook wall. I was pretty definite about what I think. (Facebook)
What are you reading? Leave a link in the comments!